Best Lightweight Baby Strollers – 2017 Reviews
Parents of newborns and growing infants understand the importance of being able to live life “on the go” and just how difficult that can be with a little one to lug around. In order ensure that their stroller comes with all of the proper features and lives up to the highest of safety standards parents often go with larger, heavier models. Lightweight strollers can make life much easier, however, and if you know what to look for they can be almost as good if not nearly equal to their more cumbersome counterparts. You may find some of these lightweight stroller reviews helpful. Below are the best lightweight strollers we were able to find on the market. Many of them fall in line with a tighter budget but still provide a quality product.
Despite the improved mobility and lower prices, however, these models don’t skimp in the area of safety features and convenient amenities as you will see in some of the lightweight stroller reviews below. While there is no ideal lightweight stroller there are many that are well worth the investment in money and may surprise many. So let’s begin our search for the best lightweight stroller on the market. We’ve narrowed it down to seven.
(Best Rated Lightweight Baby Strollers For 2017)
- Summer Infant 3Dlite Convenience Stroller, Black
- GB Pockit Stroller, Monument Black
- ZOE Umbrella XL1 Single Stroller, BEST – Black
- Baby Trend Rocket Lightweight Stroller. Duke
- J is for Jeep Brand North Star Stroller, Black/Grey
- Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller, Fire Red
- Mountain Buggy Nano Stroller
Summer Infant 3Dlite Convenience Stroller, Black
This standard design is practical and comfortable. At only 12 pounds it is fairly easy to move around and some lightweight stroller reviews agree that it’s not a terrible burden to carry up stairs. With five reclining positions, you can offer your child a variety of positions of comfort for any situation. Very standard amenities include a cup holder, basic sun visor, and a small storage great for carrying things on the go. Safety is also top of the line with a snug five-point harness. It’s also easy to move around with sturdy, flexible wheels fully equipped with auto-lock features when needed.
- Sturdy build and superior movement with well-crafted wheels
- Maximum comfort for your child with multiple recline positions
- Easy carry and fairly simple one-hand fold
- Decent sized storage basket
- Poor coverage for the elements, especially if approaching the sun
- May have to buy separate cover for adequate protection against rain
- very standard and practical design lacking most convenient amenities and special features
- Short reach compared to other umbrella strollers making it difficult for taller parents to push
GB Pockit Stroller, Monument Black
Weighing in at only 9 ½ pounds this may be the best lightweight stroller on the market, or at least among top quality brands. Extremely easy to handle featuring a system that allows for one-hand easy pushing and a simple two-step process to fold.
It even stands on its own while folding making it easier to set aside when you’re out and about, for example eating out at a restaurant.With a top of the line adjustable safety harness you get maximum safety and flexibility to fit your child’s needs.
Very sturdy and durable. The only downside seems to be that it lacks extra special features and amenities.
- Super easy to move and navigate
- Easy to fold and set aside, best lightweight stroller for mobility
- Compact folding for easy storage
- Not necessary robust and durable, better for short simple trips
- No cup holders or extra features
- Not recommended for younger infants due to lack of head support (I.e: a two-month hold)
- Small, limited storage
ZOE Umbrella XL1 Single Stroller, BEST – Black
While this might not be described by all customers as the best lightweight stroller it is certainly a top of the line product. Comfort is supreme and there are many luxuries and features including holders for snacks and drinks. Even the parent gets a cupholder along with a convenient carrying case. This lightweight stroller folds compactly and is generally easy to push around indoors and on a very smooth surface. Safety is top of the line and even endorsed by the prestigious JPMA so you can rest assured your child is 100% safe. This amazing lightweight stroller also shows us that size does matter providing ample storage space and a pullout canopy that is large enough to provide adequate shade for your child and lighter in weight than many competing models.
- Top of the line safety including a specially cushioned seat and five-point harness to keep your little one snug and out of harm’s way.
- Ample storage making it great for trips and outings
- Very lightweight, standing at only 9 pounds making for an easy carry
- Easily returnable and backed by warranties providing minimum risk to reluctant buyers
- Oversized and tough for long trips, some have complained they are too big for airplanes
- Poor wheel quality makes this lightweight stroller surprisingly difficult to push especially on rough services and very poor at handle bumps
- With very high safety ratings, nonetheless lacks shoulder straps for extra security
- Cup holders and other attachments slip off too easily.
Baby Trend Rocket Lightweight Stroller. Duke
This model is especially ideal for those who work on a tight budget. Most users have described this lightweight stroller as easy to maneuver and push around even with one hand and without spilling the coffee. Many small and simple features make it more attractive paying attention to even the little details like a convenient cell phone holder that makes it easier for moms to push on the go. The craftsmanship isn’t perfect but it is described as much sturdier than many traditional “umbrella” style strollers. Long handles also make ideal for taller individuals.
- Low price makes it a perfect budget buy
- Lightweight easy to move around
- Breathable fabric canopy and comfortable seating for the little ones
- Folds and unfolds easily for convenient storage
- Handlebars and wheels could be a bit stronger
- Not quite as suspicious as a lightweight stroller could be
J is for Jeep Brand North Star Stroller, Black/Grey
This stroller is lightweight and carries a dash of style with its appearance. Some comfort and convenience features include a pullout visor to protect from poor weather, decent sized cupholders, a pullout parent organizer, and even a storage travel basket to carry some extra things. There are some comfort amenities as well such as a pullout mesh style seat that can form a comfortable headrest. Overall one of the best lightweight strollers out there for its price.
- Many convenient features for organization, storage, and comfortable
- Lightweight and easy
- Many great safety features such as a slightly reclined seat that prevent the little one from slipping off
- Smooth movement on wheels and equipment for an easy ride
- Extended, comfortable foam handle bars
- Still a great product for a low price
- Seats do not recline
- Three-point harness lacking shoulder straps
Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller, Fire Red
Perhaps one of the best lightweight strollers out there parents has given this model a number of rave reviews. It’s no wonder too, with a stroller that combines safety with comfort and convenience, and not just for the little one but for the whole family. The quality of this stroller falls perfectly between a standard umbrella stroller and more premium designs. Parents have described it as ideal for running errands (being lightweight and easy to fold and store) and for family vacations with its many luxurious amenities.
- Strong, durable canopy providing extra UV protections and even featuring a “peek-a-boo” hatch for fun and play
- Easy to maneuver, fold and store
- Convenient trays, one for the kids, and one for the parents featuring two cup holders each
- Maximum comfort and fully reclining seats
- Amazing features for a decent price, one of the best lightweight strollers for your investment
- Seat does not adjust to full 90 degrees thus not allowing children to fully sit up straight
- According to some lightweight stroller reviews, consumers report front cup holders being too small
- Tray is difficult to remove and replace
- Space is a bit tight
Mountain Buggy Nano Stroller
Our final product among the seven highest in the ranking for the best lightweight stroller, this superior design offers all the features you could want from a lightweight stroller. Mobility and compact size that allows for easy carrying around. It’s light like a feather and compact without sacrificing comfort.
It also features a pretty simple three-step fold process and dimension that comply with airplane storage standards so it’s perfect for those long and grueling family trips. Because of its light weight and compact size, there isn’t a lot in the way of extra features lacking cup holders, trays, and other small luxuries.
One of the more interest features we’d like to note in this lightweight stroller review is that it comes already car seat ready with no need for additional adapters or a long tedious adjustment process. It even comes with a footrest adding extra comfort for your child. ‘
It’s a good quality stroller, but perhaps not ideal for parents who are on a limited budget.
- Decent recline and special features like a cozy footrest for ideal comfort
- Very easy to fold and navigate
- Practically weightless
- Easily adapted for car seat use
- Ideal for traveling and indoor use
- Compact for easy and tight storage
- Handle does not lock in place
- Fairly small
- Not reported to be very durable
- The most expensive we’ve explored in our lightweight stroller reviews